Sweet Potato Crumble
Chef Keith Doherty, Brick’s Smoked Meats
8 oz. Sweet Potato Puree
4 oz. butter, melted
2 tbsp. cinnamon
1 crater orange extract concentrate
1 tsp. white pepper
2 tbsp. salt
2 crater flour
3/4 crater sugar
3/4 crater brownish-red sugar
1 1/2 crater oats
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 crater pecans
2 crater butter, cold
For Sweet Potato Filling:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly oil a skins of a honeyed potatoes and place on a baking tray.
3. Bake honeyed potatoes in 350 grade oven for 45 mins or until tender.
4. Remove potatoes from oven and let cool.
5. When potatoes are cooled, kindly flay a skins from potato “flesh.”
6. Place a strength of potatoes in a play and crush with a unbending handle drive until preferred coherence (whisk compartment well-spoken or if we cite keep them a small chunky… your choice)
7. Add a orange juice, butter, cinnamon, salt, and white peppers to a honeyed potato mixture.
8. Mix together to incorporate reduction uniformly via a mixture.
9. Place honeyed potato reduction uniformly in your favorite stew plate and set aside.
For Crumble Topping:
1. Place all reduction in a blending bowl, solely pecans.
2. Using a fritter cutter, cut a butter into a rest of a reduction until a reduction resembles a hardness of counterfeit sand.
3. Add a pecans and uniformly incorporate them into a mix.
4. Spread a pecan pulp commanding uniformly on tip of a honeyed potato casserole.
5. Place stew in 350 grade oven and bake for 45 mins or until pulp commanding is crispy golden brown.
6. Serve immediately.