I wish to offer my appreciation for those who assistance by providing news to me for this column. This is a news of a community, and all are a partial of it. we conclude all a certain comments about how it is written. Each one is severely appreciated.
If there are things we would like to review here, usually let me know. we have truly enjoyed doing this given a commencement of 1994, with a astonishing flitting of Howard Strawbridge, who was a long-time correspondent. Howard continued a essay that his mother, Isla Strawbridge, did for many years. Howard was a good author and historian.
Winter has arrived with a reprisal in Erie County; and we am blissful it is them who has set a inhabitant record with their some-more than 50 inches of snowfall. For those of us who are reduction than 60 inches tall, it is a frightening suspicion of being held out there in that low of snow.
Can we suppose opening your doorway and saying that piled in front of a door? What a approach to be famous on inhabitant TV news.
I urge all had a good Christmas weekend, with family and friends.
We had a good cooking with son and family, Eric and Kelly Abrams, and grandson, Dalton, in Grand Valley. We also had repast with daughter and son-in-law, Cindy and Scott Pettit.
Kelly’s brother, Terry Teasdale, and his son, Simon, were there from Pittsburgh, and we always suffer saying them. Simon is unequivocally flourishing adult fast. It was 60 degrees in Pittsburgh when they left, Saturday, so they were astounded during how cold it was Christmas morning and all day.
Our son, Eric, was on call for REA Electric Co., from Youngsville, and was called out during 6 a.m., again after he had dinner, and also twice in a evening. Utility workers have to go when there is a problem, and they never know when a call competence come and how prolonged it will take to get it fixed. we consider of a application workers who are so bustling when there is bad weather, such as in Erie, right now. We need to urge for a workers out there in bad weather.
Many trafficked for a holiday, this year, and so many had a terrible time removing behind home, with so many flights canceled, and a dangerous highway conditions. We don’t like to transport really distant in bad weather; things change as we get older, and we are not as brave as when we were young. We have talked with many others who do not wish to transport in bad weather.
The Plum Township Supervisors will reason their reorganizational assembly on Tuesday, during 6 p.m., during a Chapmanville VFD glow hall. The unchanging assembly will follow this meeting.
The Chapmanville VFD Board of Directors will reason their assembly during 7 p.m., with a unchanging assembly to follow during 7:30, during a glow hall.
The open is invited to attend these meetings to see what a municipality and glow departments are doing.
There will be no Diamond Womens Mission or Diamond Homemakers meetings until Apr of 2018.
This recipe for “Family Favorite Casserole” is to be finished in a crockpot. This time of year it seems that people are removing sleepy of eating abounding dishes and so many desserts, so this will be a change for a family.
The mixture are: 1 ½ pounds belligerent beef, 1 onion (chopped), 1 ½ cups diced potatoes, 1 ½ cups sliced carrots, 1 ½ cups peas, 1 ½ cups macaroni (cooked), 10 ¾ unit can cream of celery soup, ½ bruise cheddar cheese (grated), 2 cups milk, and 1 ½ teaspoons salt.
Fry beef and onion in saucepan until brown; drain. Cook vegetables until usually soft. Combine all mixture in delayed cooker. Cover. Cook on high for 2 hours or low 4 to 5 hours.
Variations: skip precooking a vegetables; supplement them tender to a delayed cooker. Increase cooking time to 4 hours on high, or 8 to 10 hours on low. Add a macaroni and a divert during a final 15 mins if cooking on high, or during a final 30 mins on low.
This recipe came from a Fix-It and Forget-It cookbook, by Dawn J. Ranck and Phyllis Pellman Good and was submitted by Lizzie Weaver from Ephrata, Pa.
Happy birthday greetings are being sent to Chelsea Kennedy, Warren Proper, and Andy Abrams on Dec. 30, Jessie Hauptmann on a 31st, Tomann Chatley and Dale Spangler on Jan. 1, Charlie Womer, Randy McClintock, Tracey McClintock, and Idelle Burnett on a 2nd, Mike Hoepfl and Angel Franke on a 3rd, Karl Kolacek, Annu Millard, and Ann Beach on a 4th, and Jen Abrams, David Stocker, Bev Gates, and Marian Raber on a 5th. Hope we all have a good birthday!
“If any male offer me, him will my Father honor.” — John 12:26
“The some-more beauty we are means to see, a some-more beauty will seem to approximate us.” — Thomas Kinkade
Diamond EUM Church
Sunday propagandize starts during 9:45 a.m., with ceremony use during 11, with Pastor Jerome Alsdorf
Chapmanville Community Church
Sunday school, during 9:45 a.m., and ceremony during 10:45, with Pastor Glen Van Cise.
Get group in a choir: The tip 10 reasons because group need to join a choir:
1. Rehearsals are each Wednesday night. Which means that for those few hours we can significantly revoke your risk of removing tendinitis from nonstop clicking of a TV remote control or mechanism mouse.
2. Because we wear a choir robe, we are released from a reduction than virile charge of coordinating your Sunday wardrobe.
3. From your special vantage point, looking over a whole congregation, we can play a small diversion of “Who’s Sleeping and Who’s Praying?”
4. On a other hand, sitting in perspective of a refuge full of people on a weekly basement creates it most reduction expected we yourself will give in to a ongoing detriment of sleep—although it’s been famous to happen.
5. If we consider your singing in a showering sounds good, wait until you’ve sung with us for a few weeks.
6. Singing in a choir is one of a few activities for group that doesn’t need electronic apparatus or costly energy tools.
7. For a aptness buffs, singing in a choir is not usually heart healthy, a essence healthy. There are no monthly membership fees, and it’s a lot easier on a knees than jogging.
8. If we consider you’ve already finished all there is to do and these are no impassioned hurdles left, try staying on representation with a tenors and basses.
9. Choir rehearsals final half as prolonged as a veteran football game, though it is during slightest twice as satisfying. No rehearsals on Monday night.
10. When people ask we either you’ve been working yourself, we can contend with pinnacle sincerity, “Hey, I’m a choir boy.”
Abrams can be reached by email, during firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone, during 827-2597.