GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn.,- On this weeks part of KARE in a Kitchen, France 44 cook Peter Cusic shows Alicia Lewis and Sven Sundgaard how to make a juicy homemade cheese fondue.
– 1 halved clove of garlic
– 1/2 bruise Gruyère, grated
– 1/3 bruise Appenzeller, grated
– 1/3 bruise Comté Fleur, grated
– 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1 3/4 crater Felines Jourdan (or other dry white wine)
– 1/4 teaspoon creatively grated nutmeg
– A dash or dual of Kammer Black Forest Kirschwasser
Turn on fondue pot or feverishness tiny saucepan over low heat. Toss a cheese with a flour. Once fondue pot is hot, massage a interior of a middle saucepan with a peeled garlic. Remove garlic and supplement wine. Bring to a cook and supplement a cheese mixture, one handful during a time.
Stir over low feverishness until well-spoken and cheese is melted and bubbling. Stir in a nutmeg. Add a dash or dual of kirsh and continue stirring until it starts to burble only a bit. Don’t forget to stir frequently.
Suggestions for dipping:
– Torn baguette
– Roasted vegetables
– Cubed salami
– Cooked ravioli
– Steamed potatoes
– Sliced apple or pear
© 2017 KARE-TV