Lisa Lillien is a author of a renouned Hungry Girl website and email newsletter, featuring smart, humorous recommendation on guilt-free eating. She is also the author of twelve books, 6 of that debuted during series one on the New York Times Best Sellers list. Read her PEOPLE.com blog any Monday for slimmed-down luminary recipes and more.
When you’re examination football with your pals, we substantially never think, “I could unequivocally go for some veggies right now.” Snacking on hot wings, nachos, and pizza is some-more expected to happen! But with dishes like this one, you’ll never have to choose. You can get that buffalo wing season with a good-for-you veggie base.
Bonus: No chewing duck off a bone or removing your hands lonesome in splendid orange sauce.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats
8 oz. tender weak skinless duck breast
Dash any salt and black pepper
2 vast zucchini (about 12 oz. each)
2 tbsp. fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp. light/reduced-fat cream cheese
1 tbsp. Frank’s Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
2 tbsp. chopped scallions
2 tbsp. finely crumbled blue cheese
¼ crater shredded carrots, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay a vast square of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet, and mist with nonstick spray.
2. Place duck on a core of a foil, and shower with salt and pepper.
3. Cover with another vast square of foil. Fold together and sign all 4 edges of a foil pieces, combining a well-sealed packet.
4. Bake for 25 minutes, or until duck is baked through.
5. Meanwhile, ready zucchini. Slice off and drop branch ends of zucchini. Pierce zucchini several times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate, and x-ray for 3 minutes.
6. Flip zucchini and x-ray for 3 some-more minutes, or until softened. Pat dry. Let cool, about 5 minutes.
7. In a tiny bowl, brew yogurt, cream cheese, and prohibited sauce. Mix until uniform.
8. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Gently dip out and drop a inside flesh, withdrawal about ¼-inch inside a skin. Thoroughly pat dry.
9. Remove baking square from oven. Set heat to broil.
10. Cut parcel to recover prohibited steam before opening entirely. Transfer duck to a middle bowl. Shred regulating dual forks. Add prohibited salsa reduction and scallions, and brew well.
11. Place vale zucchini halves on a baking sheet. Fill with duck mixture, and tip with blue cheese.
12. Bake until whole plate is prohibited and cheese has softened, about 1 minute.
13. Top with finely chopped carrots.
WATCH THIS: Take 5: Five-Minute Caprese Garlic Flatbread
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Nutritional Information: 1/4th of recipe (1 pressed zucchini half): 120 calories, 3.5g sum fat (1.5g sat fat), 297mg sodium, 6g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 16g protein
‘Til subsequent time… Chew a right thing!