Why approbation we am revelation we that putting PICKLES and MUSTARD and TOMATOES in quinoa is a RLY GOOD IDEA today.
I already can clarity a HARDCORE settlement that is entrance out of your how-can-quinoa-ever-ever-EVER-taste-like-a-cheeseburger SOULS.
My best friends of a internet world, it has HAPPENED.
It’s no tip that we am totally, madly in LUV with a small quinoa action. we mean, it usually adds this EXTRA SOMETHIN’ SOMETHIN’ to things like pumpkin quinoa curry or a crock pot BBQ duck quinoa recipe.
So, that’s a bottom of a deliciousness that is your newest-favorite-weeknight-meal that we PINKY PROMISE that EVERYONE in your family that likes food is going to ask for on rep-EAT.
BUT THEN. Your mouth dives right into morsels of juicy, SUCCULENT (is that an ungainly word? we feel like yes) beef and sinks by swirly season profiles of tomato! Mustard! Crunchy, sour pickles!
Aaaand…CHEESE. Lots and lots of cheese.
When we do “cheeseburger” we do CHEESEburger am we right friends?
I’m not even going to kick around a bush. When this recipe popped a comfort-food-like-but-still-SUPER-nutritious-and-wholesome self into my small mind space, we started to spin endangered for my possess thoughts. ßNot a initial time this has happened. You know this.
I suspicion that revelation we that pizza quinoa was a thing done we decider me enough…and now here a thoughts were revelation me to tell we that quinoa could also double as a CHEESEBURGER.
Except with no bun. No grillin’. No ability to usually use your hands and not utensils.
So when a flavors danced and mingled around my mouth, and fundamentally SHOUTED “I TASTE LIKE OOEY-GOOEY CHEESY BURGER HEAVEN,” we knew that a second opinion was needed.
I would never wish to tell we something though have SUBSTANTIAL justification that it is, in fact, a FACT.
So, apparently a Hubonana to a rescue.
I was VRY VRY endangered about Mr. FFF’s reaction. Whenever we tell him that we done something-to-taste-like-something-but-its-not-actually-that-something (confusing?) he gets all “BUT IT’S NOT THAT THING SO HOW CAN we COMPARE.”
For example: he’s still perplexing to figure out a jalapeno popper chicken. “BUT HOW CAN we COMPARE CHICKEN TO A PEPPER we JUST DON’T KNOW.”
His imagination: it needs some work.
AND AND AND, we GUYS, he AGREED that it was giving him all a same happy swell feelings that he gets when he munches by a real-life cheeseburger. RIGHT DOWN TO THE PICKLES. NO NON-IMAGATION ABILITY REQUIRED.
P.S: pickles in quinoa, it’s going to be a newest latest and biggest food trend of 2017. PREDICTION.
That competence be a small bit of a stretch, though it’s what all a cool-food-eating-kids are doing for however prolonged it takes we to review this post.
And, since we know that we wish to continue on your query to being a coolest-cat around, we am HIGHLY suggesting that we lift that over into your real-person life.
Cheeseburger quinoa: a latest champion of your east-weeknight-dinner-loving HEARTS.
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 bruise Lean Ground Beef, 93%
- 1/2 crater Onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 1 crater Low-Sodium Beef Broth, and 2 tablespoons
- 1 14.5 unit can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tablespoon Prepared Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- pinch of Black Pepper
- 1/2 crater Quinoa
- 3/4 crater Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 3 ounces
- 1/4 crater Dill Pickles, and additional for garnish
- Heat a olive oil in a large, high sided vessel on medium/high heat. Add in a beef, onion and garlic. Cook, violation adult a beef, until full baked and no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes
- Add in a broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, mustard, salt and peppers and stir until good mixed. Then, stir in a quinoa until good mixed.
- Bring a reduction to a boil. Once boiling, cover a pan, spin to feverishness to low and prepare until a quinoa absorbs a H2O and is creamy, about 1 hour.
- Once cooked, stir in a cheese and pickles.
- Garnish with additional pickles, if preferred and DEVOUR